Dip powder nails are a great way to get a long-lasting, chip-resistant manicure. They're also relatively easy to do at home, with just a few basic supplies.
Here's a step-by-step guide on how to do your nails at home with dip powder and dip powder liquids:
- Gather your supplies. You will need the following:
- Dip powder in your desired color(s)
- Base coat
- Top coat
- Nail file and buffer
- Cuticle pusher
- Alcohol wipe
- Paper towels
- Prep your nails. Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water, and then dry them completely. Use a nail file to gently shape your nails into the desired shape. Push back your cuticles, and then wipe your nails with an alcohol wipe to remove any oils or dirt or use Royal House of Beauty Bond/Primer to prepare the nail surface.
- Apply a thin coat of base coat and dip or lay your nail into the powder, making sure to coat the entire nail bed. Tap off and dust off any excess powder.
- Apply Activator to every nail making sure the entire nail area is covered.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 one or two more times. This will give you a thicker, more durable manicure.
- Buff and file the dip powder and shape your nails. Dust off all excess powder.
- Apply Activator. Let it dry completely.
- Apply the top coat. Apply a thin coat of top coat to all of your nails. This will help to seal in the dip powder and protect it from chipping.
- Apply Top Coat for a second time and let your nails dry completely. Your nails will be dry to the touch in about 5 minutes or less.