Builder gel is a type of gel polish that is used to strengthen and lengthen natural nails, or to create extensions. It is a thick, viscous gel that is applied to the nails and then cured under a UV or LED lamp. Builder gel is very durable and can last for several weeks without chipping or peeling.
To use builder gel, you will need the following materials:
- Builder gel
- Base coat
- Top coat
- UV or LED lamp
- Nail forms (optional)
- Nail brush
- Cuticle pusher
- Nail prep solution
- Lint-free wipes
- Prep your nails. File your nails to the desired length and shape. Gently buff the surface of your nails to remove any shine. This will help the product to adhere better.
- Apply the cuticle pusher. Gently push back your cuticles.
- Apply the nail prep solution. Wipe down your nails with the nail prep solution to remove any oil or debris.
- Apply the base coat. Apply a thin layer of base coat to each nail and cure under the UV or LED lamp according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Apply the builder gel. Apply a thin layer of builder gel to each nail. If you are using nail forms, place the nail form under the nail before applying the builder gel. Cure the builder gel under the UV or LED lamp according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Repeat step 5. Apply a second layer of builder gel to each nail and cure under the UV or LED lamp.
- Apply the top coat. Apply a thin layer of top coat to each nail and cure under the UV or LED lamp according to the manufacturer's instructions.
- Remove the nail forms (optional). If you used nail forms, gently remove them after the top coat has cured.
- File and shape your nails. File and shape your nails to your desired length and shape.
Tips for using builder gel:
- Be sure to apply the builder gel in thin layers. If you apply too much builder gel, it can create a thick, bulky nail.
- Cure the builder gel completely before moving on to the next step. If the builder gel is not fully cured, it can be soft and sticky, and it can come off easily.
- Be careful not to get any builder gel on your skin. If you do get builder gel on your skin, wipe it off immediately with a lint-free wipe.
- You can use builder gel to create a variety of different nail designs. For example, you can use builder gel to create French tips, ombre nails, and glitter nails.
Builder gel is a great way to create strong, durable, and beautiful nails. By following the instructions above, you can learn how to use builder gel like a pro.